Monday, September 28, 2009

A white porch swing

There is something wonderful about a white porch swing. You never know what memories may be built with your friend on a bench that swings back and forth.
I have looked high and low for a great bargain on a swing. I found a man selling swings on Craig's list. So I went to Spartenburg to pick it up for $75.00. I painted it white and hired my friend to hang the swing.
I swung on it tonight and thought about all the friends I will get to spend time sharing thoughts, talking, laughing, and spend quality time fellow shipping. I thought about how wonderful to be outside on a summer night talking to a friend, I thought about maybe one day I will sit beside my husband sharing hours of thoughts dreams, and enjoying the hours of life together. I thought about the crickets at night that will chime as I sit and unwind on my swing.

I am thankful for my white porch swing. :)

No comments: